Per reader suggestion, here is your first Meal of the Week brought to you by my Sunday morning breakfast. Obviously, you may not have time to cook something up like this every day (and don’t worry, I’ll get around to some quicker morning meals here soon) but on the days you do, this is a great, high-protein start to your day.
Here’s what you see:
2. Eggs (2)
3. Toast (1)
4. Low sodium, 1% milk fat Cottage Cheese (1 serving) with strawberries
5. Water (8 oz)
Here’s why you see it:
1. Orgain is an organic protein supplement with zero saturated fat, 10 servings of fruits and veggies, 24 vitamins and minerals, gluten-free, with no artificial sweeteners. Since I’ve been drinking this in the mornings, I haven’t even needed my daily coffee as a pick-me-up! The vitamins in this drink will fuel you all morning long while the protein/carb mix helps build lean muscle.
2. Eggs, of course, are high protein. I will eat mine fried or scrambled, but here is a good tip for cooking eggs: instead of using butter, try an olive oil pan spray.
3. Toast gives me some extra carbs to make sure I feel full, plus it’s a great source of whole grains. Look for low sugar fruit preserves or use honey as a topping.
4. Cottage cheese is another great source of protein, and opt for the full fat version if you’re regularly training/working out (I get 4% milk fat)! I mixed strawberries in with mine to get another serving of fruit for the day.
5. Water needs no explanation! Remember, anytime you drink some sort of protein shake, you should drink at least as much water.
Be on the lookout for more meal ideas each week!